Wednesday, May 22, 2013

No, I didn't forget about you

May is CRAZY!!!!  


          Always is, always flies by.

 I didn't even get my project 12 done.  GAH!  I will have to post my April and May together since I haven't even printed my pics for April yet.  I am "patiently" waiting for either Archivers to get a collage option on their printer again OR Photoshop for my birthday.  That's what I am hoping for, really.  It'd be sooo much easier to print photo's that way since I don't have a reliable, quality printer at home.

Anyway, on to the main topic of this post... my pages from my Studio Calico Spencer Kit.  Another great kit!!  I liberally added in extra product on a couple pages, but the others were pretty straight from the kit.

Page 1

I did this one for one of the 2peas NSD challenges.  To use a pinned page as inspiration.  I used a page that I loved by Angie Gutshall (click here to see the page).  I liked how she cut out the circles and sewed around them.  I also got some inspiration for the title letters from Nancy Damiano's Infinity page on 2peas.  Love how the embossing powder on the chipboard worked out!!!  This is one of the pages where I added a lot of extra product.  Mostly from Amy Tangerine Sketchbook line, with a few stickers from an old winter Echo Park line.


Page 2


This page was pinned by 2peas!!  I submitted it for one of the NSD challenges,too.  I was so excited!  I love when my family looks and ooh's and ahh's over a page, but it's really something when other scrapbookers and professional scrapbookers take notice of what you've done.  Made my day.

I again added in a lot of Echo Park product to the kit. I have had these pics on my desk for a long time (does it seem like I say that about almost every page?  I have a lot of pics just sitting around) and I thought the turq circle paper went great with it.


Page 3


When  I was digging through my Echo Park for the other layouts, I noticed that diamond border sticker was almost a perfect match for stamp included in the kit.  So, of course, I had to use it on a page!  This one was just a bunch of random pieces I had left and a few embellishments.  Two things that happened while working on this one:  1 - my sewing machine would not cooperate.  So, instead of sewing thru the little trianlges, I used a thin pen and drew a line.  and 2 - right after I dropped my ink on the page, I dropped another page on top of it and ended up smearing some of the drops.  I was MAD, thought I'd ruined the whole thing.  But, I took a deep breath, and let it go.  I even ended up adding a few circles to the drops almost bringing more attention to them.


Page 4 

When I saw the orange paper in the kit, I knew I wanted to use it on a layout with these pics of my husband when he was little.  He was so cute!!  I loved the arrow paper in the kit and saw how Maggie Holmes had cut it up to use a bunch of the arrows.  I thought something like that would work on this page, too.  





Page 5


 I had some really old rub-ons from Cosmo Cricket that I added to this page.  And again the orange pattern paper went great with these pics.  Her trucker glasses were the best!!









There are five more from last month!  I have one from each kit that I am planning to do when I can get some time, plus my project 12 pages, plus pages for this month's kits.  I'll get it.  I'm all good.  No more stressing here.

Thanks for looking :)





No comments:

Post a Comment