Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February Kit Pages

I really did have a blast using up all the awesome pieces in both the Gossamer Blue kit and the Studio Calico kit.  I ended up with 9 (NINE!!!) pages from them.  So excited to share them all.

We'll start with the Gossamer Blue kit.
1st page done.  I even used the tissue paper used to wrap up all the embellishments to make some ruffles.  :)

fun little page with pics I've had forever!

I rarely scrap pics of us together.  I cherish this pic and this page.

This was for the Crate Challenge.  I didn't win, but I did get a mention on the  Gossamer Blue blog :)

Now for the Studio Calico pages:

I wasn't sure how to use this envelope.  So I just journaled on it and then added some journaling inside, too.

The stamp that came with the kit also had me wracking my brain.  Finally remembered this trip to SF.  

This was the 1st page I did.  I was determined to use that green paper (that I didn't totally love ) and the washi tape.  Get the "hard" stuff out of the way.  I actually like how it turned out, though.  The green was a perfect match for the grass in the pic.

So, from now on, even though my phone camera is so much easier to use, I will be using my nikon to photograph my pages.  The quality is a little better.  Lots of little layers on this page :)

This was a combo of wanting to get at least one more page out of my kit and  a challenge posted to use quilting or paper piecing as an inspiration.  I'd seen some cool quilts on pinterest with triangles on them.  Saved by pinterest yet again.
I am going to go back and look one more time at my scraps and a few challenges that have come up on both blogs.  See if I can squeeze anymore out of these great kits.

No comments:

Post a Comment