Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Two more...sorta

So when I was venting (whining) about my time frustration before, I had completely forgotten about a page I'd already done for Gossamer Blue.  Silly me.  So I'd actually done 3 from Gossamer Blue and two from Studio Calico.  No need to get all crazy at all, huh?

Here is the one I didn't post:

 

I had fun using my watercolors on this page.  Lately, I want to use them on every page!!  This was the sketch challenge for March and one of the other Gossamer Blue members used mine for her scraplift for March, too.  :)  Thanks Heather!!  Check out her awesome blog here!



And here is another one from the Studio Calico kit. 


 This page went pretty quick for me until I had the main block done.  Then I just thought something was off.  And I sat and stared at it for almost an hour.  *ugh*  Finally, I decided that it needed a border and my sewing machine came to the rescue.  I didn't want to cover any of the beautiful paper up, so the stitching added just enough of a border that your eye stays where it's supposed to and not wander off the page.

Can I just say, by the way, how unbelievably happy I am that I can now use my sewing machine.  I don't do it on every page, but if I want to now, I can.  I don't have to rely on my craftier friends.  Only the slightest bit of anxiety remains when I start the machine.  Yay me!!  Let's hear it for overcoming weird fears!!




That's it for now.  Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment