Saturday, March 23, 2013

Glitz and Gossamer Blue Challenge

I was so excited when I heard Gossamer Blue and Glitz were teaming up for a challenge.  I loved the Glitz product included in the March kit and had been drooling over all the gorgeous Glitz papers and embellies I'd seen on Two Peas.  So, when the challenge was announced, I was definitely in!

I used some stuff from the kit, some things I'd purchased and a few things from my stash.  I came up with 2 (YES 2!) pages to enter in the contest.  I was thinking I'd just do one, but, well I'll explain that in a bit.  Here is the first page.



It all started with that saying..."You can never have too much happy".   It just hit my life right on the mark.  Yes, we have bad days, but they are majorly outnumbered by the good.  My life is good and I am happy.  And when Becca was born, it just added a whole new heap of happiness onto my already full happy plate.  So of course I needed to use pictures of her on the layout.  I found these pics from spring last year and thought they went perfectly with the colors in the papers.

 I used a couple Glitz papers and some My Minds Eye (in the March kit) for the background.  Then I cut out lots of cute little embellishments from the papers and used the Glitz giant rhinestones (LOVE THEM!).  I added a Dear Lizzy die cut (happy), MME wood banner and enamel dots and a couple wood veneer arrows from Studio Calico.  Here are some close ups of the embellishment clusters.


 For the wood veneer pieces, I changed the color to match the woodgrain in the papers by adding some Tim Holtz distrees ink.  I knew I wanted to use those pieces and was just lucky that I had an ink that matched.


Now for the second page.

I'm kinda lovin this.  :)  So, as I was going through and using different papers from the 8x8 Glitz paper pack, I noticed how cute all the strips were at the top of the papers.  I needed to use them!!  I used a couple on the 1st page, but set a bunch aside to use later on.  I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with them.  Then I saw this and this on Two Peas and was totally inspired.


I knew, too, that I wanted to use up some of my Thickers on a long title.  I had to dig a bit, but I think these ended up working well.  I hope I did the math right.  :)  I used an older picture, but it was what I had sitting on my desk, so in it went.  This whole page was a kind of wing it and hope it works.  And, just so you know, sewing on the pages still gives me crazy anxiety, but I'm learning to cope.  :)

 

Well, that's it for now.  I'll post some more projects I did for All Ready Memories, soon.  Oh, and of course all the new stuff I'll make with my Gossamer Blue and Studio Calico kits.  Hope I can use them up before the next ones get here.

Thanks for looking :)



1 comment: